Government Contracting Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a potential vendor to the federal government?

Mandatory Registrations for Government Contracting

(CCR) Central Contractors Registration  Registering in the Central Contractors database is step one in becoming a government contractor. The federal government utilizes the information found in the CCR database to find potential vendors and to process contract payments electronically. Being registered in CCR is now mandatory if you want to work for the federal government. To learn more, utilize the following link: CCR Registration (

(ORCA) On-line Representations and Certifications Application  ORCA is an e-Government initiative that has been developed to replace the paper based Representations and Certifications (Reps and Certs) process. To find out more, utilize the following link: ORCA - Login (

(MPIN) Marketing Partner Identification Number  The Marketing Partner ID Number (MPIN), the Government Business Point of Contact (POC), and the Alternate Government Business POC are now mandatory for all CCR registrations.</p><p>Marketing Partner ID (MPIN) is a personal code that allows you to access other Government applications such as the Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS), FedBizOpps, FedTeDS, Orca, and The MPIN acts as your password in these other systems, and you should guard it as such. The MPIN must have 9 digits containing at least one alpha character (can be entered in upper or lower case) and one number (no spaces or special characters permitted). To learn more, utilize the following link: Central Contractors Registration - Handbook (

Where do I find information about small business classifications?

On the U.S. Small Business Administration Frequently Asked Questions page:

How do I get a Dun and Bradstreet number?

The U.S. government and many major corporations require their suppliers and contractors to have a D-U-N-S Number.  Register on this page at the D&B web site (


Engage. Educate. Embed.

Last updated: 2/9/2018